Friday, September 18, 2009

Oh life.....

So the day has come when I once again have a computer.... except that I no longer have my power cord.... they have lost it. Meh. Hopefully going four weeks without easy access to a computer will help me to limit the amount of time I spend on my computer now. But you know, I just don't have any time on my hands anyway. This semester is sooo crazy. If I manage to survive with some semblance of sanity intact, it will be a miracle. I just may have taken on more than I can handle right now... but darn it all, I am going to stick with it all! But oh man..... 9 classes.... plus 12 hours of work a week..... plus homework, practicing...... eating..... sleep? *sigh* There's no way all of those things can happen, or at least not to a sufficient degree. But ack, can't start complaining. I have been having some fun as well. I love living with my girls, even if I rarely see them, and even if the dudes downstairs play their music so loud you can feel the bass thrumming through your bed.... but that's why I have purchased ear plugs. :) One thing that's helping me cope is my knitting group. (I'm a crocheter, actually, but they let me join them, haha.) I have planned into my schedule twice a week when we all meet, and even though I usually end up doing homework during our noontime meeting halfway through the week, it's still nice to relax with those wonderful ladies. I have really grown to love so many people from this community, and I'm so glad I have so many good friends I can go to if I need to, or to just know that they are there for me.

Other random tidbits, since my mind is wandering and I should go to bed soon.....
-First orchestra concert of the season is on Sunday, it's going to be fun! We haven't had as long to rehearse as we'd like, but oh well, we'll be fine.
-I'm back to my anonymous vandalizing of my professor's door..... well ok, not vandalism, but... mischief I suppose you could say. Harmless mischief. :P
-More people have been noticing my barefeet this past month than the past two years, it's pretty awesome! It's funny how you can go a couple years before people finally start to notice there's something a little odd going on...

Ok, that's all for now. I will have to write again later, and hopefully something substantial, unlike my posts up to date.

No comments: