Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Look At the Past

The other day I made my way over to my previous blog (which I vacated some time ago), in search of a particular post I had made. In looking for that post, I started to read through all my old entries. It was quite an experience to look back on those times during which I blogged. There was a lot of stress and turmoil in my life at the time, and it is very evident in my writing. In my life at the time, I tried to pretend the problems were not there, and tried to hide them from others, and even myself. But I could not hide them when I wrote. See, when I write, it is usually my way of trying to make enough sense of what I'm thinking to be able to put my thoughts into words. And so, when I wrote, I had to confront my thoughts, acknowledge them, and share them with others.

One thing I noticed in going over those posts was the presence of several poetic bits of writing. I had completely forgotten about all of them. Oftentimes when something really touches me emotionally, whether positive or negative (though mostly negative), I feel inspired to write about it. Those responses tend to be more poetic in nature. I have not done as much of that sort of writing lately, and what I do write I have not shared with others. As it is, I made a few of my pieces private in my old blog, feeling now that they were too personal to allow others to see. I have realized that up to this point, I have never completed a positive piece of poetry. I have written short bits in response to things, but have never completed one. It's hard to write something positive without ending up sounding ridiculously cheesy and mushy, even if the subject matter isn't that cheesy.

Anyway, I'm debating reposting some of my old posts here. Some of those posts mean a lot to me, and I rather like them, but most of them don't really fit where I am in life now, compared to where I was when I wrote them. I will probably repost my old Ode to My Practice Room, as that one remains so true to this day, as well as a very long rant about something I feel very strongly about. Beyond that.... we'll see. Maaayyybe I'll post a link to my old site for those who feel so inclined to peruse. (I've noticed a trend in my writing.... I tend to ramble and write incredibly long posts. More so there than here, though some of my posts here can certainly be long. I should work on that... need to condense.)

No comments: