Tuesday, April 27, 2010

None knows the weight of another's burden

The tremendous pressures and stresses of the past two weeks are finally relieved for a while, and I can breathe, relax, and sleep.Well, for a few days anyway, before the craziness picks up again next week. This has actually been a really rough semester for me. I anticipated it would be, due to the nature of the classes I was signed up for, but I wasn't quite prepared for how hard it's been in a variety of ways.Things build up over time, and it gets hard to deal with it all. I'm  getting really tired of bearing this burden. You know, there are two ways things can go. A burden can seem lighter over time as you grow more able to bear it, or over time the burden can wear you down and become too much to bear. Carrying a burden over an extended period of time can result in growth and a greater endurance and ability to bear it. But, in opposition to that, even the lightest burden can wear a person down if carried long enough. Everyone knows that though their own arms are by no means heavy, but if they extend them out in front of themselves, or to the side, and hold that position for a while, they will get really tired after a period of time and will not be able to sustain the weight of their own arms any more.

I guess I'm in an odd place of simultaneously experiencing both aspects, or the two have become converged somehow. I have become accustomed to my burden to an extent. I'm used to carrying it, I'm used to all that it entails, and many aspects of it are automatic or habitual for me now. But at the same time, I'm getting so tired of it all. So worn down, so burnt out. But like the child being disciplined, I have to keep my arms up, I have to continue to bear the burden, no matter how much it's breaking me down.

Let it all out
get it all out
rip it out remove it
don't be alarmed
when the wound begins to bleed

cause we're so scared to find out
what this life's all about
so scared we're going to lose it
not knowing all along
that's exactly what we need

and today I will trust you with the confidence
of a man who's never known defeat
but tomorrow, upon hearing what I did
I will stare at you in disbelief
oh, inconsistent me
crying out for consistency

and you said I know that this will hurt
but if I don't break your heart then things will just get worse
If the burden seems too much to bear
Remember
the end will justify the pain it took to get us there

and I'll let it be known
at times I have shown
signs of all my weakness
but somewhere in me
there is strength

and you promise me
that you believe
in time I will defeat this
cause somewhere in me
there is strength

1 comment:

Blogger said...

There is SHOCKING news in the sports betting industry.

It has been said that any bettor must watch this,

Watch this now or quit placing bets on sports...

Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software