Friday, April 23, 2010

Sticking to the path.

I know I just wrote earlier this evening, but I'm taking a little break from my paper to ease my heart and mind. I have started on a journey. Well, I suppose I've been on it for a while now. It's part of the whole puzzle thing I've talked about a couple times now. Thing is, though I know I need to be on this path, I can't see where it's going or what's ahead of me. I don't like that. I like to know what's coming and I like to plan. I like to organize and know what's going on, if not be somewhat in control of it all. Those things aren't a part of my journey. Actually, the absence of those things is part of the point of the whole journey. The times of trial are when another path connects with mine for a while, then branches off, or I come to a break in the path,.I desperately want to go down the other path, though I know I need to stick to my own. I don't like my path. It's hard, confusing, I don't know where I'm going, and I can't see my way. When those other paths show up, though they belong to another person, I just want to quit mine and divert down the other one. Maybe they'll lead to the same place.... or maybe they'll reconnect later down the road.... Oh it's so hard to keep to the path I'm on. Once again, that difficult act of denying myself and carrying that cross daily.

No comments: